Former Singapore Sports Council CEO Oon Jin Teik has been appointed as advisor to Singapore Rowing with effect from November 5. Mr Oon is also a former CEO of the Singapore Sports Hub and and an Olympic swimmer in his earlier days.
In his role, he will guide our new leadership in defining the future state of the sport in Singapore, establishing roadmaps for talent development and sporting excellence, and serving stakeholders of the wider sports ecosystem.
Read the full news release below.
Singapore Rowing is looking for a new logo, and you can help.
We're throwing this wide open: It can be a completely brand new design, with no reference to the old one.
We only ask that the new logo represent - as best as possible - Singapore Rowing's core identity and purpose, which is to be:
Inclusive: We want to share our love for rowing with people of all backgrounds, whether able or adaptive; and at levels from recreational to representing Singapore.
Innovative: We want to create more opportunities for people to access the benefits of rowing in novel, exciting ways - be it at home, in the gym, from the beach or out at open sea.
How do you think all of this looks like in a logo? Email us your design(s) at email@example.com before 31st January 2023.
Our exco will pick the best designs and put them up for public voting. The top 3 entries will be rewarded with awesome prizes - including rowing and sporting products - which we’ll announce later.
Terms and Conditions
1. The design needs to incorporate 3 elements:
3. You may submit multiple entries, either in one email or throughout the submission period.
4. The winner will need to provide high-resolution .ai and .pdf files of their design.
5. All rights of the winning design will be assigned to Singapore Rowing. The logo will be used on rowing attire, merchandise, communications material and such.
6. The winning designer may identify themselves as the creator of the logo, and use it for their own non-commercial purposes.
Expand the training space at Pandan Reservoir, develop the newer discipline of coastal rowing and more: President Paul, vice-president/head of training and development Steve and athlete Joan shared in a CNA TV report on Oct 6 some of Singapore Rowing's near to mid-term priorities.